Frequent travelers, whether for leisure or business, should take out annual travel insurance. It doesn’t take much for a trip to go wrong. Your baggage could be misplaced or you could trip on your way to the subway, twisting your ankle. How about the day you lost all your travel documents? Nodding in agreement yet?
When these mishaps happen in a foreign country, the challenges seem even bigger. And when you’ve got dependents relying on you, your stress levels could rise a few bars! Let’s also not forget the coronavirus—another thing to worry about when you’re a frequent traveler. You’ve been reading the annual travel insurance reviews online and still figuring out which product is best for you. Well done for taking this step!
But are you left reeling by the choices available on the market? This review has chosen five comprehensive annual travel insurance products, which will keep you covered so you can relax, whether on a leisure or business trip.
My Top 22 Travel Life Hacks & Tips! | Jeanine Amapola
- Travel Insurance: AllTrips Basic
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Buy Travel Insurance for Cancellations, Emergencies & More | TravelSafe
- Annual Travel Insurance for Multi-Trips
- Travel Insurance: AllTrips Executive Plan
|Product Name||Key Features||Average rating (out of 5)|
|Travel Safe – Classic Plans (Best Overall)|| ||4.8|
|Allianz – All Trips Basic (Best for Budget)|| ||4.6|
|Travel Guard – Travel Guard Annual Plan (Best for All-Round Travel Coverage)|| ||4.6|
|Seven Corners – Wander Plus Frequent Traveler (Best for Coronavirus Coverage)|| ||4.7|
|Allianz – All Trips Executive (Best for Multi Business Trips)|| ||4.7|
Classic Plan (Travel Safe)
Unforeseeable circumstances can change your travel experience into a disaster if you’re not careful. You’ll be protecting your investment in travel by taking a one-year travel insurance worldwide plan. It’s all about being well-prepared so you can handle the unexpected while in another country.
- Trip cancellation costs covered up to $100,000
- Trip interruption covered to 150% of the trip cost
- Missed connection coverage of $2,500
- Travel delay covered up to $750
- Maximum medical expenses up to $100,000
- Emergency evacuation and repatriation up to $1,000,000
- Baggage loss covered up to $2,500
- Baggage delay of up to $250 included
Is This Plan For You?
Traveling worldwide is exciting. But when you land in trouble, having the right insurance will help you deal with the situation efficiently. And your traveling companion is covered, too. If you want to be responsible about your travel, this plan will tick all the boxes for you.
- Covers both domestic and international travel
- Waiver of the preexisting medical condition exclusion available
- 24-hour accidental death and limb loss included
- 24-hour worldwide assistance available
- Coverage may not be available in all states
- Rental car damage available only as an option
- Cancel for any reason coverage is only optional (and not available in NY)
Traveling with a companion is a responsibility, and having insurance coverage for both you and them will give you peace of mind.
All Trips Basic (Allianz)
Giving you coverage without a trip cancellation policy included, this plan is an affordable travel insurance for an entire year. Unexpected medical expenses and emergencies are included. And if your luggage goes missing or is damaged, don’t worry, you’re covered.
- Emergency medical coverage up to $20,000
- Emergency medical transportation to nearest medical facility covered up to $100,000
- Loss, damage, or theft of baggage covered up to $1,000
- Costs up to $200 for purchasing essential items when baggage is delayed covered
- Travel delay expenses covered up to $600
- Rental car damage and theft coverage of $25,000 included
Is This Plan For You?
If you’re looking for an affordable, basic annual travel insurance plan, this one will have your back! If you’re looking for more coverage, you can check out the other plans available.
- Well-priced if you’re keeping to a strict budget
- Multilingual, 24/7 hotline assistance means you’ll never feel alone when dealing with travel emergencies
- Concierge services included, handling your restaurant bookings,tickets for events, and even your tee time!
- Trip cancellation policy not included in this plan
- Trips longer than 45 days excluded from this coverage
Look no further than this plan for simple-to-understand coverage and peace of mind when traveling frequently.
Travel Guard Annual Plan (Travel Guard)
This plan has your multiple trips covered every year. Medical expenses and evacuations are included. Lost or damaged luggage is covered with trip interruption included. With over 30 years experience in the field of travel insurance, you know you’re in good hands.
- Travel medical expenses covered up to $50,000
- Emergency evacuation and repatriation of remains covered up to $500,000
- Security evacuation up to $100,000
- Baggage coverage up to $2,500 and baggage delay up to $1,000
- Trip interruption up to 100% of total trip cost
- Trip delay coverage up to $1,500
Is This Plan For You?
Does your frequent traveling mean you spend more time in hotels than at home? If so, you need to consider an annual travel insurance price in your budget line.When factoring in insurance, you can rest assured you’ll be covered in most worst-case scenarios when a trip goes wrong.
- 24/7 travel assistance services
- Missed connection covered due to bad weather or if a common carrier causes cancellation
- Covers trip interruption due to riots, civil disorder, or natural disaster
- Coverage for loss of life or limb occurring 365 days after an accident during a trip
- Not available for residents of Kansas, Montana and New York
- Adventure sports coverage not included
- Cancel for any reason not included
Using one of America’s leading companies in travel insurance means your travel investments are securely covered.
Wander Plus Frequent Traveler (Seven Corners)
Read any best annual multi trip travel insurance review and you’ll likely find this plan included. What’s more, the plan is factoring in the coronavirus pandemic. With the travel world being changed by this virus, it would be wise to include coronavirus coverage.
- Specialized coronavirus coverage up to $100,000
- Medical maximums up to $1,000,000 for 14 days to 64 years old and $50,000 for 65–74 years old
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation up to $1,000,000
- Loss of baggage covered up to $500
- Baggage delay covered up to $250
- Travel delay covered up to $100 per day
- Personal liability up to $25,000
Is This Plan For You?
Being a frequent traveler during a coronavirus pandemic presents you with problems you’ve never had to think about before. This plan will take away any concerns you may have should you fall ill with the virus while traveling.
- Extensive medical coverage options included (e.g. dental and emergency eye examinations)
- Expenses associated with lost or stolen travel documents included
- Hazardous sports coverage can be added into the plan
- Trip lengths of up to 90 days
- Coverage for persons up to 74 years old
- Pre-certification with a 25% penalty is required in the U.S for certain treatments
If you’re looking for insurance that has you well-covered for most medical and travel arrangement mishaps including COVID-19, this plan is your answer.
All Trips Executive Plan (Allianz)
Are you doing multiple business trips throughout the year? This plan has been specifically designed to ensure a frustration-free trip while you’re doing business. And as you’ll be traveling with your laptop and other business equipment, you’ll be covered if it’s damaged or lost.
- Trip cancellation up to $10,000
- Trip interruption up to $10,000
- Emergency medical up to $50,000
- Emergency medical transportation up to $250,000
- Baggage loss/damage/delay covered up to $1,000
- Travel delay up to $1,600
- Rental car damage and theft covered up to $45,000
- Business equipment coverage up to $1,000 and business equipment replacement coverage up to $1,000
Is This Plan For You?
This is a good plan to have if you’re looking for comprehensive annual travel insurance as a business traveler. A business trip can go horribly wrong if you lose or damage your business equipment. This specific coverage will allow you to continue your business trip with peace of mind.
- Concierge service included, giving you more time to do business without wasting time on restaurant or events bookings
- 24/7 hotline assistance to handle all travel emergencies
- Loyalty Program reimburses you for fees charged on loyalty programs
- Pre-existing medical coverage is not included but can be made available
- Coverage details may differ in different states
As a frequent business traveler, your travel expenses are unique. Use this plan to cover you for those additional items you’re carrying.
Benefits And Tips For Buying Annual Travel Insurance
- With medical, travel and business equipment covered, you won’t need to dig deep into your personal savings to cover unexpected expenses.
- 24/7 world-wide assistance gives you peace of mind when dealing with travel emergencies in a foreign country.
- Look out for the “cancel for any reason” option and include it if you can.
- Include adventure sports in your plan if you’re into these activities on a big scale.
- Make sure you’re covered for the right trip length.
- Use reviews like this one to narrow down your search for the best plan.
- Have fun, and don’t let the fear of the unexpected hold you back from traveling!
For more information, read our post, What To Look for in Travel Insurance for an International Trip
Being a frequent traveler has its challenges and they should not be ignored. When reading annual travel insurance reviews, make sure you do a fully comparative exercise. This way, you’ve covered for all avenues. And you’ll find the best plan to keep you covered no matter what happens on your trip. Not sure if you need travel insurance or international health insurance? Read this post!